- Full Time
Dasera’s vision is to reinvent data security for the way cloud-ﬁrst organizations use data. With 4,000 breaches a year, data security is a broken promise. We believe that data security is sacred; a fundamental human right worth fighting for to make the world a safer place.
Dasera helps companies secure data that traditional tools like access control and DLP aren’t designed to address. The platform manages data sprawl, monitors data in-use, and discovers misconfiguration and permission errors. Only Dasera secures the entire data lifecycle - from creation to deletion - to prevent breaches once and for all. The platform finds where sensitive cloud data is stored, detects data store misconfigurations, analyzes permissions, monitors data in use, and tracks data lineage. Recognized among the Top 10 cloud security startups in 2021 by CRN, Dasera was co-founded by serial-entrepreneurs Ani Chaudhuri and Noah Johnson and is backed by Sierra Ventures.
About the job:
We’re looking to hire an experienced DevOps engineer who enjoys writing beautiful scripts that teams love because they make their lives easier. Are you the one that wows others with your scripting skills? Do manual tasks make you cringe and do you jump at the chance to automate something that's "always" been done that way? Do you thrive when presented with a challenging problem because you know you can figure out the path of least resistance and most benefit? Then we need you at Dasera. As an early team member, your work will have huge impact on our customers and you will directly help shape the future of the company.
- Teamwork: lead and contribute as a key member of the engineering team to design, build, and automate our cloud-based platform including front-end, back-end, and services
- CI/CD is LIFE: help design and maintain our production, development, and test infrastructure - appreciate the beauty of a well defined process
- If it's broken, fix it: actively seek out opportunities to automate toil & proactively improve the performance of our cloud solutions
- Agile is an attitude: participate in feature estimation, feature prioritization, sprint planning, biweekly sprints, code reviews, and sprint retros
- It's a startup - you'll get to do it all: understand customer needs and work with the product team to design, plan, and implement new features
- Onwards and upwards: Help us improve our processes and make the right tradeoffs between agility, cost, and reliability
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years DevOps experience including constructing, shaping, defining CI/CD pipelines and practices
- Your native language is scripting and you are most comfortable communicating through Bash or Python (or pick your favorite - we embrace them all)
- Good communication skills - you speak up often and are willing to listen
- Always learning (and teaching) - always challenging yourself - always sharing your ideas with the team so we can delight our customers and fundamentally change data security
- Able to multitask and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment - you will be DevOps focused, but you may be asked to help design a new feature, fix a bug, or join a customer call to build empathy and help shape our product
- 2+ years experience with AWS, Azure or GCP (certifications are a big plus)
- Experience with automating infrastructure deployment using CloudFormation, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with development pipeline technologies such as Bitbucket or similar
- Prior experience working at a start-up or in a small team including experience with agile methodologies
Working at Dasera:
We have ambitious goals but we need the right people to help us get there. We believe in working hard but not burning out. We value individuals but work together and share credit as a team. We avoid egos and office politics at all costs. We strive to build an open, supportive culture where everyone enjoys coming to work each day and feels their contributions are appreciated. We hire people who share these values.
What to expect:
After you submit your CV we’ll schedule a 30 minute call to introduce you to Dasera and get to know you better. Next we’ll invite you to meet with other team members for two short technical interviews and to share your perspective on team fit and opportunity.
Our “move fast” start-up mentality extends to our recruiting: we can complete the interview process and provide a decision in less than a week.